Fitness is as unique to every person as their own body. On the other hand, there are some widespread fitness facts that apply to everybody. Understanding basic fitness facts makes it easier to prepare a workout that will make the most of your time and dedication, as well as offer the results in the shortest possible time.
Here are 8 fitness facts that may inspire you to begin a weight loss program or just to get back into your regular workout routine:
- Regular exercise speeds up your metabolism. This can help you stay lean by burning calories after you’ve exercised.
- Many workout routines could fall under the cardio category. Going outdoors for a walk or morning jog is considered one way. Going to the gym for an aerobics course is also a good cardio exercise. If you like staying at home, then an exercise bike or treadmill can help you sweat out and lose the excess fat.
- There are a lot of health advantages associated with having an active lifestyle and a regular exercise routine. Weight lifting has many benefits including faster metabolism and denser bones. A fitness fact is that being constantly active lowers blood pressure and burns fat.
- Limit your exercise to 30-45 minutes. Some people who want to make the most of their workouts usually spend too much time in the gym. The fact is that after 30 or 45 minutes, the benefit is not really that great. In order to go that long you would need to lower the intensity of your workout. It’s always better to do an exercise at a higher intensity for a short period of time.
- Carbohydrates are our body’s source of fuel. If you do powerful workouts you need plenty of carbs, or you won’t have much energy. A banana is a good source of the high glycemic/low fiber carbohydrates that you need for exercising.
- A lot of people usually don’t make sure they are getting the protein their muscles need in order to rebuild. If you don’t, you’re going to get very little results out of your workout because both strength and cardio workouts utilize proteins for building muscles.
- Be sure to drink plenty of water throughout the day. Because muscles are 75% water, the lack of proper hydration can, in fact, hinder muscle development. So, make it a habit to drink water regularly.
- Lastly, stay motivated and don’t quit easily. It can be pretty hard to stay motivated if you’re just not fond of exercising, but you still need to exercise and go on a proper diet if you want to lose weight. Find a way to make exercising fun and it won’t seem like a bothersome activity anymore.