Water therapy for weight loss is famous in the world, but you must approach it with caution. May be it will help you to lose weight in the short-term, it’s not a sustainable approach to health or weight loss, and it takes you at risk for health complications.
We all know about water is essential for our body. It hydrates us, keeps us healthy, removes toxins from the body and helps in easy bowel movement. In similar way, drinking sufficient of water is even necessary when trying to shed kilos. But do you know that the exact times when you drink water might be the key to lose weight in an effective way? Drinking water to lose weight in a week is possible.
How can drinking water at regular intervals help lose weight?
How much water to drink to lose weight before meals can make you feel full for a longer amount of time, and reduce your calorie intake? “Many a times, your body is not able to differentiate between hunger and thirst,” says Agarwal. So you end up binging on junk, when you’re actually just craving a glass of water. Thus drinking a glass of water before a meal will help suppress an untimely appetite.
Sipping water at regular intervals increases the amount of calories that you burn in increasing your REE (resting energy expenditure) – it represents the amount of calories required by the body during a non-active period. “Fat loss is also a result of sympathetic activation via the sympathetic nervous system, which is important to regulate metabolism and utilization of food as energy. It helps in increasing glucose uptake by cells and drinking water can provide sympathetic stimuli.
How many glasses of water should one drink in a day for effective weight loss?
About 8-12 glass is highly recommended to drink. But this amount of water is recommended universally to everyone and not just for those looking to shed pounds. To lose weight, you also need to improve your daily diet and exercise frequently. A diet comprising essential nutrients including proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals is the one that will lead to a sustainable weight loss.”
When’s the best time to drink water if you’re trying to lose weight?
If your end goal is weight loss, “the ideal timing to drink water is at least 30 minutes prior to a major meal. Always keep a 30-minute buffer between the two, because if you drink water immediately before a meal, it will do more harm than good as it can dissolve the necessary digestive juices required for digestion.”
Swallowing fewer calories on a daily basis can help speed weight loss:
- Some people do not like drinking water, they may try flavored drink. They better buy calorie-free flavor packets for a more delicious water experience.
- Enjoy water or liquid food as much as you can. Some fruits which contain sufficient water.
- Setting an alarm to get alert is a good idea. It will keep reminding you to have your water throughout the day. That way, you do not forget to drink enough water. This may help you get into the habit of having water more regularly.
- Keep water near-by you. Lose weight fast with water diet and always having a drinking water bottle around will make it easier on you to drink more water. You may buy a refillable bottle and keep it handy when you are home, at work, or out running errands.
Drink Water before Every Meal
We have heard this old saying: “when you think you’re hungry you’re actually just thirsty, you don’t even know this.” Turns out, drinking water for weight loss isn’t just a method. Water starts filling you up and might help reduce your appetite.
What are the health benefits of drinking water?
- Water helps excrete waste from the body in the form of sweat, urination and bowels
- It helps in the absorption of essential nutrients from the food you consume
- Water controls constipation, hypertension, migraines and urinary tract infections
- Water keeps your skin healthy by improving circulation, hydration and boosting collagen production
- It helps in the lubrication of joints and thus improves bone health
Fasting is nothing new. It’s been an integral part of many religious communities for centuries, and fasting diets have been popular since the early 1900s. One of the most popular liquid diets, the Master Cleanse, was created in the 1940s by Stanley Burroughs, a self-taught alternative medicine practitioner.
Fasting rituals such as Ramadan—the month-long tradition in the Muslim community that entails strict fasting from sunrise to sunset—serve as periods of spiritual renewal and reflection for participants.
People and companies who gave promotion on fasting often use the religious example as an explanation as to why extended fasting is healthy and acceptable. Another common argument is losing weight fast with water that our Paleolithic ancestors went for long periods of time without access to food, so we should also be able to. However, drinking water to lose weight fast many pale proponents forget that times are vastly different and there’s no easy way to compare the eating habits of now to then.
Some Reasons Why It’s so hard to Lose Water Weight:
- · You’re skimping on antioxidants
- · You’re splurging on salt
- · You’re overdoing the carbs
- · You’re on a fad diet or cleanse
- · You’re spending too much time sitting
- · You’re missing potassium
- · You’re not filling up on fiber
- · You don’t drink enough water
- · You’re indulging in alcohol
- · You’re about to get your period
How much weight can you lose drinking only water for a week a lot of water can be a useful tool in a dieter’s arsenal when weight loss is a goal or does water make you fat or skinny? It lets you to boosts your metabolism, suppresses your appetite.