It’s not easy to make new healthy patterns to become your habits, so from time to time you can lose track of your weight loss success and get back into old unhealthy dieting routines and not doing your exercising. So you have to prepare plan how to overcome setbacks and get ready to implement it when necessary.
Here we give several advice’s how to manage these difficult weight loss setbacks:
- Take on responsibility. Make sure you are taking charge of your behavior. It is only you who can help to deal with weight loss.
- Do not engage in risks. You better avoid any risky temptations until you can better control your eating habits.
- Take some time. When you feel a passion to try something tasty, ask yourself if you are really hungry. It can be just craving. Wait for some minutes for the passion to pass. If it won’t, try to distract yourself by talking to someone or walking. If the craving is still here, drink some water or eat some fruits.
- Practice self-forgiveness. Remember that your blow is not catastrophic and mistakes happen. Every day can be a new start.
- Ask for help and accept it. When you have hard days you need some help and this is normal. It is not a sign of weakness and doesn’t mean you are about to have setback. So accept help and use it to your favor.
- Keep exercising! Never give it up with exercising even if you are upset at your lapse. Physical activity helps to overcome it easier.
- Think over your strategy. Determine your problem and create a list of possible solutions. Try one solution and if it works, you have a strategy for a setback. If not, try another other variants until you find the one that works.
- Revise your goals. Reconsider your weight loss goals and make sure if they are realistic and achievable.
Weight loss setbacks are a good feedback to you. Of course you may feel upset, but otherwise you learn to set realistic goals, avoid certain risky situations and see which of your strategies turn to be ineffective.